Situation / Opportunity:
The initial contact was made during our annual review of the Service Award program. As a partner to CNF, Jostens would provide an umbrella Reward and Recognition model within which to focus Con-Way’s people on tactical goal attainment.
- To create a nomination process and symbolic recognition awards that reinforce their core values.
- Create the organization’s umbrella recognition program “The Extra Mile”
- Create materials that display the four-star logo, which represents their operating values — Safety, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence.
- Increase awareness and comprehension of Con-Way’s values.
- To ensure Con-Way will remain the industry leader
- The program structure was to recognize any employee for that extra contribution.
- Crystal “Quality Leader Award” was developed for each component.
- Customized jewelry designs for the president’s award.
Created environment of trying to go “The Extra Mile” that drive Con-Way’s core values.