Situation / Opportunity:
Lowe’s relies on its store management to deliver measurable results. With aggressive growth goals, the need exists for committed, motivated and stable management.
- Motivate managers to hit performance standards year after year
- Establish a structure not requiring constant annual revisions
- Communicate to customers that Lowe’s values their employees
- Create a displayable award that immediately symbolizes excellence
Create three distinct rings (male and female) that accept diamond additions.
- Year 1: ring Years 2-6: diamond addition
- Year 7: ring Years 8-12: diamond addition
- Year 13: ring Years 14-18: diamond addition
Managers qualify based on reaching 100% of both their revenue and budget standards.
Over 1,100 managers qualified in 2002.