UMBRELLA RECOGNITION SYSTEM FOR A HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION
Our Client, Regional Healthcare System, part of a health services holding company that offers a unique range of health and medical services for children and adults. Its commitment to the region began with the establishment of the medical center in 1836 and has grown to become the region’s health-care leader. This Healthcare System continues to provide cutting-edge services and programs, compassionate care and an unwavering commitment to improve the health and well-being of the residents it serves.
- Create a culture of recognition within the 17 Regional Healthcare locations.
- Improve patient satisfaction by retaining top employees.
- Provide management with a recognition tool that would allow them to recognize desirable employee behaviors and reward such behaviors accordingly.
- Increase employee morale and satisfaction by rewarding them with a consistent incentive that will promote positive results and encourage individual goal setting.
- Design a program that could incorporate various initiatives such as, wellness, manager to employee recognition, blood drives, bid-shift sign up and more while keeping program communications and messaging consistent with organizations vision.
JTH Recognition's Solution
JTH Recognition met with hospitals leadership in order to first understand their needs and objectives in an effort to link corporate goals to daily employee performance through the implementation of an umbrella recognition system.
The system was designed as a point-based system that awards employees for reaching pre-defined goals and initiatives for the following categories:
- New employee
- Blood Drives
- Wellness Programs
- Instant Recognition
- Perfect Attendance
- Chairman’s Award of Excellence
- “I Make the Difference” program
- Years-of-Service milestones
Once the high-level program design plan and budget specifications were developed, the JTH Recognition Design and Delivery Team scheduled recurring meetings with key members of the Columbus Regional Marketing, IT and HR groups to start working through the program launch plan.
To effectively communicate the program to participants, JTH Recognition worked hand-in-hand with key members of the hospitals marketing team to develop a communications campaign that would create excitement and introduce the program while staying within the design parameters of their current marketing efforts.
- Posters and internal communications were developed to pre-launch the new Everything Points My Way Program.
- Launch elements were developed with the goal of being unique and functional employees.
- A tiered Manager Guide was designed to introduce and train the manager on the program rules, benefits for the participants and the award options available to the program participants.
- A brochure introduced the Everything Points My Way program with the rules and instructions on how to access the program web site.
A web card was designed for easy reference to the username and password for the program
The goal was to stay within budget while producing something that
would provide continuous value. JTH Recognition continues to work with this Healthcare Organization in crafting an ongoing communications plan to consistently reinforce the program.
The program web site features a personalized account for each program participant where they can view program rules and frequently asked questions, browse for rewards and redeem online. For applicable Managers identified by the organization, the site also houses the On-the-Spot Recognition Module which Managers can use to reward employees for going above-and-beyond.
- A complete online catalog featuring merchandise awards, travel packages, apparel and quarterly featured products.
- Online administration tools such as activity reports, point issuance and redemption information are also available.
The healthcare company first introduced the program to their management staff during their monthly Manager meeting. Managers were given a launch kit containing a managers’ guide, introduction brochures, web cards and catalogs. Managers launched the program to the employees.
Analysis & Results:
JTH Recognition worked with to build an analytical tool in the Technology Platform that measures by department the average employee rating and patient satisfaction score and correlates those numbers to the recognition points awarded.
This Regional Hospital Organization believes this recognition program has helped them increase awareness and enthusiasm towards their mission to be the best provider of high quality health and medical services.
To learn more on how JTH Recognition can help your organization improve performance, recognize success, improve safety, and reduce costs, please complete and submit the Program Analysis and you will contacted shortly.